Pensaer produce all the building regulations drawings, specifications and structural calculations required to obtain Building Control approval.
We will act as your agent and submit the application to Building Control and liaise with them to gain approval.
Most extensions, conversions and structural alterations require building regulations approval for the work you are carrying out. Building regulations promote standards for most aspects of a building’s construction, energy efficiency in buildings, the needs of all people, including those with disabilities, in accessing and moving around buildings. They are separate from planning permission and for some developments you may need planning permission and building regulations approval.
Before you start any building work, you should always check with your local planning authority whether you need building regulations approval. We can do this for you and handle the whole submission and approval process.
We recommend the use of Total Building Control to obtain the permissions,
What are Building Regulations?
Building regulations apply to building projects in England and Wales. They set out:
- what constitutes building work
- requirements for material and workmanship
- water and energy efficiency requirements
- requirements for testing and commissioning of services
- types of buildings that may be exempt from building regulations
- requirements for the technical performance of building work
- aspects of building design and construction ranging from structural matters, fire safety, and energy conservation to hygiene, sound insulation, and access to and use of buildings
- relevant procedures that must be followed
Building regulations standards are applied and enforced through the Building Control system and are supported by technical guidance documents. These technical documents – known as approved documents – provide guidance for meeting the requirements of the regulations.