What is a Party Wall Surveyor

We at Pensaer can offer advice and the services required in issuing Party Wall Documents

A Party Wall Surveyor is someone who speciality is in resolving disputes which arising under the Party Wall etc Act 1996. This legislation is applicable to England and Wales.

If we are appointed under the provisions of the Act we have a duty to the Act and not to the party or parties appointing us.

The person acting as a ‘surveyor’ under section 10 of the 1996 Act requires no qualifications (although we can show evidence of having these) and can accept the appointment.

Owners are advised to appoint someone who has a good working knowledge of the Act.

The party wall surveyor’s role is to resolve differences between neighbours when certain building works are proposed. The surveyor or surveyors will resolve the dispute by making an Award, which is legally binding on both parties.

Contact us for more information