PensaerĀ produce all the planning permission application drawings required by the Local Authority for your loft conversion, house extension, garage conversion, annexe or porch.

After the design consultation, your local Designer will carry out a full electronic internal and external measured survey of your property. Once a design has been agreed we will submit the planning application on your behalf and manage it closely with the Local Authority.

What is planning permission?

Your local planning authority (LPA) – usually the district or borough council – is responsible for deciding whether a proposed development should be allowed to go ahead. This is called planning permission. Most new buildings, major alterations to existing buildings and significant changes to the use of a building or piece of land need this permission.

What Type of Permission?

Planning permission is not needed for all household building work. Under permitted development rules you can carry out a number of household building work projects, provided they meet certain limits and conditions.

The main types of permission required for works to an existing house are:

Householder planning consentĀ 

For proposals to alter or enlarge a single house, including works within the boundary/garden of a house.
It should be used for projects such as:

  • Extensions
  • Conservatories
  • Some Loft conversions
  • Dormer windows
  • Garages, carports and outbuildings

Full planning consent

To make a detailed planning application for development, excluding householder developments.
For the purposes of this type of application, development includes building, engineering or other works, in, on, over or under land, or the making of any material change in the use of any buildings or other land. As such it should be used for:

  • Any works relating to a flat
  • Applications to change the number of dwellings (flat conversions, building a separate house in the garden)
  • Changes of use to part or all of the property to non-residential (including business) uses
  • Anything outside the garden of the property (including stables if in a separate paddock)

Contact us for more information

Pensaer - Planning Permission
Pensaer – Planning Permission